Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon EU Ops Procurement
EU Ops Procurement is looking for a customer-obsessed Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join the team and support our European fulfillment network. Having actionable analytics is part of our culture and we insist on timely, accurate, scalable and actionable business intelligence. This role will be part of the EU Ops Procurement BI team that partners closely with multiple business teams with a bandwidth of more than 200 customers. A successful candidate should be able to cope with a fast pace environment, work on multiple deliverables and in parallel, be comfortable with prioritizing efficiently and communicating progress and blockers in an effective manner.
• Manage a portfolio of BI solutions related to supplier risk and performance management, work with multiple stakeholders and communicate effectively progress and blockers with the project team and sponsors.
• Identify high impact business problems and present written recommendations on solutions that will drive the future of EU Ops Procurement.
• Design and own processes that are customer centric and will improve the operational efficiency.
• Develop ETL jobs and analytical layers that require in depth knowledge in scripting and OLAP concepts.
• Develop optimized scripts and visualizations that are fast and easy to comprehend.
• Adopt existing best practices or contribute to improving them; solution design, development, validation and documentation practices.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• 7+ years of relevant experience in the following areas: business intelligence and data analytics.
• 7+ years of experience in scripting languages such as Python, R, Bash or similar languages with applications for data analysis.
• 7+ years of experience in SQL scripting, ETL, database architecture and OLAP concepts.
• Proficiency in data visualization and dashboard building (Tableau, Power Pivot, QuickSight).
• Experience in working with Linux.
• Proven ability in developing new KPI for the business.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Experience in mentoring and training peers on complex technical issues.
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift etc.
• Experience with ML is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (MSSQL, SSIS).
• Experience with software coding practices.
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.