Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon Business EU
Over the past 25 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of the consumer and has become one of the largest internet retailers and marketplaces in the world. Amazon Business is dedicated to serving the needs of business customers and we are focused on building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. We are recruiting a handful of the best and brightest to make this vision a reality.
Amazon Business represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high investment for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to discover, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual entrepreneurs, small businesses to large multi-national companiesthat buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our B2B customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
Some qualities that we are looking for: you are results oriented (and have a track record of repeatedly delivering great results); you are an innovator (and have already proven it); you have the intellect and horsepower to solve really complex problems (some may say impossible to solve); you are an owner, and do what it takes to make your team successful; you have relentlessly high standards (some may say too high); you are customer obsessed; you operate well in an ambiguous environment; and finally, you have a burning desire to be a part of something really big.
• Collaborating with multiple teams across various functional areas and geographies (EU, JP, UK) to extract the business requirements and to propose strategic and tactical levers for developing the B2B marketplace.
• Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will shape the future of the Amazon Business.
• Develop end-to-end self-service BI solutions to support decision making for the key stakeholders in the EU as well as WW.
• Train business stakeholders to use the BI tools and to be autonomous in data analysis.
• Research and implement novel approaches to enhance existing technical and business processes to improve customers and stakeholders experience.
• Develop and roll out mathematical models and algorithms to understand customer and vendor behavior and needs.
• 7+ years of hands-on industry experience in in business intelligence, data mining, statistical analyses.
• Record of delivering large analytical solutions with business impact.
• Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and clearly communicate data insights.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and work well with cross functional teams.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Proven ability to influence others.
• Creative and proactive problem solving experience.
• Ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various teams.
• Excellent SQL knowledge, advanced understanding of database architectures, ETL principles.
• Strong knowledge of R/Python or similar scripting languages with applications for data analysis (pandas, skikit-learn, stats packages).
• Programming experience with Object Oriented Languages.
• Machine Learning experience (classification, clustering, ranking).
• Experience with data visualization (Tableau, Power Pivot, QuickSight) and dashboard building.
• Experience in working with Linux
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics or related quantitative field or MBA with a concentration in Quantitative Analysis.
• Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (MSSQL, SSAS, SSIS) and OLAP concepts.
• Knowledge of AWS technologies (Redshift, EC2, S3, EMR, Quicksight).
• A good understanding of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity.
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive.