Senior Business Development Manager, Pets and Sports & Outdoors (Associates)
- New York, NY
This position is based in New York, NY.
We are seeking an experienced business development manager to engage the top publishers and influencers to work with Amazon's growing Pets and Sports & Outdoors businesses. With its network of over 100,000 publishers, the Amazon Associates program is a global leader in online marketing and one of the largest external paid traffic channels for Amazon. This position will be responsible for developing and executing strategies focused on the Pets and Sports & Outdoors categories from within the Associates team in New York and will partner closely with the Home marketing team in Seattle.
Amazon's Pets organization is pushing the cutting edge of disruptive change in shopping for some of the most meaningful purchases customers make-those that help their beloved pets live safe, happy lives. As a customer-obsessed, pets enthusiast, you will influence and build relationships with the top pets and lifestyle publishers and influencers to drive revenue, new customers and awareness for Amazon's pets business. Amazon's Sports & Outdoors organization combines the convenience of online shopping with a catalog of products from top brands of sporting and outdoor goods and apparel. Your deep interest in the sports and outdoor verticals will allow you to build strategies with top sports, fitness, and outdoor publishers and influencers to drive revenue and awareness for Amazon's sports and outdoors businesses. You will develop custom strategies and explore revenue driving opportunities with leading publishers and influencers these categories.
Using your deep knowledge of digital and social media and a solution-oriented mindset you will develop opportunities for Amazon's Pets and Sports & Outdoors businesses across the media landscape. You are an excellent oral and written communicator and you possess an analytical approach to business development, leveraging data to drive decisions. You are highly organized and have the ability to work independently. You're particularly adept at developing strong, one-to-one relationships and working closely and constructively with external partners. You have experience navigating technical and product requirements and adoption and have the ability to influence technical leaders and incorporate technical requirements into negotiations and contracts.
As a leader for this segment within the Associates Team, you:
• Own quarterly unit and revenue growth objectives for new and existing publishers and influencers
• Independently develop strategic recommendations that align with the overall Pets and Sports &Outdoors Marketing strategies
• Drive for simplified, scalable solutions for publishers, including identifying new opportunities to drive growth
• Develop, execute, and refine end to end Influencer strategies in partnership with the Home marketing team
• Drive special deal terms and negotiations with new and existing publishers/influencers
• Develop strategies to drive awareness and sales around deal and seasonal events
• Work closely with the product and account management & marketing teams to act as liaison to publishers
• Own data analysis and partner with business intelligence to develop reporting methodologies
• Drive adoption of products for publishers, including tools to implement effective integrations (links, display units, etc), reporting tools, product feeds, etc.
• Work closely with technology teams to inform product roadmap and provide feedback on product requirements.
Requirements include a minimum of 7 years business-to-business enterprise complex sales/business development partnership experience in online with a heavy bias toward affiliate, social media, online advertising and ecommerce environments.
• 7 + years in Business Development, Partnership or B2B customer-facing roles
• 4 + year in Online Marketing, Ecommerce or Merchandising roles
• Highly analytical and data driven
• Expert at identifying and executing successful partnership deals and large scale marketing deals
• Familiarity with the influencer space
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• Sound business judgment and strong analytical thinking
• Ability to influence technical leaders and incorporate technical requirements into negotiations and contracts
• Bachelor's degree required
• Knowledge of and passion for Pets and Sports/Outdoors categories
• Experience working with lifestyle publishers and/or influencers
• MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top