Senior Business Development Manager - Location Data
- New York, NY
Senior Business Development Manager, Location Data AWS Data Exchange
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) in NYC, we are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join AWS Data Exchange. The Senior Business Development Manager will be knowledgeable in Location Data and will work closely with AWS customers to understand their Location Data needs across site selection, competitive benchmarking, predictive modeling, enrichment, customer acquisition/retention, and investment modeling use cases and facilitate the purchase of data products that deliver them immediate value.
AWS Data Exchange is democratizing the way millions of customers find, subscribe to, and use third-party data in the cloud. With thousands of data products from more than 180 data providers, we're making it easier for developers, academics, enterprises, and scientific researchers to find the data they need to cure diseases, manage their food supply chain, and recommend the best movies when all you want to do is relax. As a recently launched service based in NYC, this is your chance to work in a start-up like environment within the world's most successful cloud business. To learn more about Data Exchange, please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/data-exchange/
• Develop and execute against a comprehensive adoption plan for Location Data across
• AWS Data Exchange customer base; work closely with Sales, BD, Partner, and Professional Services teams to identify Location Data needs across customers and lead engagements from evaluation through subscription
• Build, manage, and execute against a pipeline of Location Data opportunities across AWS Data Exchange customer base; create repeatable business development plans for Location Data opportunities based on overlapping needs across customer segments
• Convert inbound requests and organic traffic to Location Data products into paid subscriptions
• Engage in senior-level customer meetings to discuss customer's business challenges and explore how Location Data can help achieve business outcomes and unlock business value
• Be an advisor on Location Data to AWS sales leadership and liaison to various internal AWS teams
• Onboard Location Data providers to AWS Data Exchange in demand by AWS customers
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics related to Location Data adoption
• Manage the sales adoption cycle of a Location Data subscription opportunity and partner with various teams to develop, propose and close new business through AWS Data Exchange
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
• Stay up to date on industry trends through conducting market research and participating in industry-specific conferences
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. There will be opportunities to work from home some days. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS's success is close collaboration across internal stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS business lines that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. Lake Formation), migration teams, services, legal, operations and support).
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting. Partnering with others in the organization is key to our long term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design/Development, or related field
• 7+ years of experience in an enterprise sales, business development or consulting roles with a proven track record of developing new go-to-market strategies and exceeding revenue growth targets
• 5+ years experience working with data in the Location/GIS industry• Experience in understanding, developing, and presenting use cases for Location Data to power business outcomes across multiple industries
• Experience carrying and exceeding $2M+ targets and/or quotas
• 7+ years of industry experience in Location/GIS industry
• Knowledge of data licensing workflows, data agreements, and data governance processes
• Experience in understanding, developing, and presenting use cases for Location Data to power business outcomes across multiple industries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top