SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER- FINANCIAL SERVICES, NORDICS
- Stockholm, Sweden
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Nordics is looking for an experienced Financial Services Business Development Leader to join our fast-paced team and help drive AWS adoption in the Nordics. As the Financial Services Business Development Leader for Nordics, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with C-level executives and influencers at all levels. You will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with financial institutions of all sizes across all market segments, from FinTech start-ups to the largest banks, insurers, broker-dealers and exchange groups.
You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and driving top line revenue growth and overall end-customer adoption across the Financial Services industry in the Nordics. You will enable AWS Financial Services field teams across all sales segments in the Nordics to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects and customers. You will work closely with Account Managers, AWS Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Security, and Compliance to develop and promote cloud best-practices in areas such as data security and regulatory compliance. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption. Additionally you will act as the Proposal Manager and work in lockstep with our Account Managers to create winning RFx bids with our strategic FSI customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development and Financial Services background. The candidate should have demonstrated experience engaging senior-level executives in past roles, and a credible understanding of their businesses and priorities. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive strategic execution of sales and business development goals.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a member of the Nordics leadership team in helping drive AWS marketing, sales, and technical strategies for the Financial Services industry
• Identify key financial services customers, and identify industry partners including ISVs/solution providers and system integrators
• Create strategic business development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS strategic direction
• Develop industry-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AWS value proposition for enterprise cloud computing, including datacenter-to-cloud extension and migration.
• Execute the strategic business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including sales teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams
• Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers
• Understand the unique technical requirements of financial services customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for our largest and most complex customers
• Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new enterprise customers
• Manage complex RFx responses, and enterprise contract negotiations, in cooperation with AWS legal and professional services teams
Travel may be required for this role, up to 50%.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Must have 7-10 years of Financial Services business development, enterprise solution selling, or product development experience
• The right person will be technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large financial services IT environments
• Prior experience in the Financial Services IT industry is highly desired, either as a vendor or customer
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners and ISVs
• Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is highly desired, including: database systems, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• 10+ years of experience in working in or providing services to Financial Services companies
• Understanding of AWS or cloud computing technologies
• Experience with Digital transformation projects in Financial Services
• Master's degree in business, finance, economics, or economic development
• Track record of consistently exceeding performance metrics.
Back to top