Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services in the Japan public sector market? Do you have the business savvy, public sector experience, and technical background necessary to help establish as a key technology platform provider? Are you passionate about the public sector (Defense, Intelligence)? Now, with Amazon Web Services you have the chance to help others take their computing infrastructures and applications into the AWS Cloud.
Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is looking for an accomplished Business Development Manager in Japan Public Sector team to drive growth strategies for Defense and Intelligence in Japan. As Senior Business Development Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future.
Your responsibilities will include working closely with the public policy team, the Defense SMEs and the solutions team in the global to build go to market strategies focusing on market penetration within this market segment. You will work with the several stakeholder teams supporting Sales, the Partner (APN), Solution, Capture, Public Policy, Legal, PR, Marketing, and Professional Services of the WWPS Japan.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience working with/for the Defense and Intelligence customers at the senior executive level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the Defense and Intelligence industry. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Contributes to the strategic development of features and functionality that maximize revenue and drive incremental margin from partner/customer agreements. Works with business leaders from product groups to explore market data to identify trends/opportunities, utilizes extensive of relationships with the relevant stakeholders to gather market intelligence, and executes on business development opportunities. Syncs often with other sales and marketing organizations across Amazon to share information and drive consistency with partners that are often working with multiple BD teams at Amazon at same time.
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the Defense and Intelligence market segment.
• Maintain relations with global SME's community for the Defense and Intelligence at AWS
• Establish relations key stakeholders of the Defense and Intelligence in Japan
• Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
• Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the Defense and intelligence industry.
• Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• The right person will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments in the Defense and Intelligence industry.
• Prior experience working as Major General or above position in the Defense/ Intelligence industry more than 2 years ago, Major General who promoted before retirement is exclude.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across local and global organizations, including strategic partners and governments.
• Business level or higher communication skills in both Japanese and English is must.
• Self-starter who can develop strategy and programs, but has the field level experience and credibility to execute directly with Partners, Customers and field sales
• Excellent business and financial acumen with ability to write narratives / white papers.
• Operational excellence mind-set and experience.
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing strategic propositions.
• Ability to manage portfolio of cross-functional programs and projects - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
• Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: systems, core computing concepts, fundamentals of computing and virtualization, storage systems, software defined networking, network functions virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
• Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
• Having a Global Perspective of the Defense market with industry and government contacts across the world.
• Understand very well the Japan Landscape in terms of National Security.
• Bilingual would be an asset, but not essential. (Japanese and English)
Amazon は男女雇用機会均等法を順守しています。人種、 出身国、性別、性的指向、障がい、年齢、その他の属性によって差別することなく、平等に採用選考の機会を提供しています。障がいをお持ちの方は、以下をご覧ください。https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/jp/