It's still Day 1 for many large CPG companies moving to the cloud, and they often have questions about how to successfully execute their cloud journey. These companies look to AWS for prescriptive guidance on how to leverage the cloud to transform their business with new capabilities around automation, supply chain, consumer insight and direct-to-consumer selling.
As a business development leader for CPG, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver the strategy and solutions across sectors like fast moving consumer goods, apparel and consumer durables. You will lead engagements with CPG executives, working backwards from their corporate goals to identify how AWS can help transform their enterprise. You will also work with account teams to understand and overcome specific hurdles our customers face. You will provide thought leadership to help solve the biggest challenges in the industry. Finally, you will build ways to track customer impact, and use your experience to help improve the AWS engagement model and scale the AWS CPG value proposition.
You will be effective at facilitating sessions with senior leaders around their business goals. In this role you will work with cross-functional teams as part of the program delivery and development. This includes business development, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, sales enablement, sales operations, and international teams.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience selling and implementing large-scale projects, a track record of thought leadership on CPG industry trends, and a strong understanding of potential technology partners. In addition, you should have a documented history of thinking strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. We seek a clear point of view about the CPG industry, expressed with an authoritative and distinctive voice. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 7+ years of executive management, business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development
• CPG industry experience
• Prior experience leading implementations of technology projects in CPG industry, either as a vendor or as an enterprise user.
• Experience with software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. is highly desired.
• Experience selling within the technology industry is highly desired, particularly to CPG companies.
• Domain knowledge of key applications and technology provider landscape with ability to go deep on relevant technologies such as customer analytics and planning.
• The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
• The right person will be business focused and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large IT environments.
• Experience in working with digital transformation of CPG functions.
• Education: technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus.
• MBA or equivalent background helpful
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Chicago, IL.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.