Senior Business Development Manager - AWS Robotics
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and self-starter Business Development professional to drive adoption for AWS RoboMaker, the most complete cloud solution for robotic developers to simulate, test and securely deploy robotic applications at scale. RoboMaker provides a fully-managed, scalable infrastructure for simulation that customers use for multi-robot simulation and CI/CD integration with regression testing in simulation. In addition, AWS RoboMaker provides an IDE, fleet management capabilities, ROS extensions, and seamless integration with various Amazon and AWS services to empower customers to innovate and provide best-of-class robotic solutions. RoboMaker's managed ROS and Gazebo software stacks free up engineering resources and enable robotics developers and engineers to start building quickly.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth market and business development experience in the EMEA region with specialization in the robotics domain. This individual should be a self-starter and be willing to operate both tactically and strategically. As key team member in this fast growing, exciting space, you will have the opportunity to help lead the early market development efforts for RoboMaker in EMEA, including driving the awareness, adoption, and growth of AWS RoboMaker by establishing wins with lighthouse customers and creating a new ecosystem partnerships. As the business formulates, you will lead efforts to enable sales in getting field ready for selling. This will involve creating a strong partnership with sales in region to develop and build an EMEA sales pipeline focused on revenue, adoption, and market penetration.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to successfully work cross-functionally and that will include teaming with AWS Service Product Managers, Solutions Architects, Training, Sales, Partners and engagements at the CxO level within the largest/strategic AWS accounts. The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects. A track record of helping establish new business via focused incubation mechanisms and then broader strategic initiatives will be important for this role.
• Experience in robotics, simulation, and related fields
• Extensive experience working in a business development role and/or sales role to enterprises and/or start-ups
• Extensive experience with emerging technologies, and a solid understanding of cloud computing technology
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills in English, including strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Expert knowledge in one or more of the following service areas: IoT, AI/ML, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Computer Vision, Simulation.
- Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key. Experience writing articles (business and technical), speaking at technology conferences, or contributing to open source.
Back to top