Senior Business Development Manager- Amazon Associates (Level 6)
- New York, NY
This position is based in New York City, NY.
We are seeking an experienced business development manager to engage the top publishers and influencers to work with Amazon's Beauty business. With its network of over 100,000 publishers, the Amazon Associates program is a global leader in online marketing and one of the largest external paid traffic channels for Amazon. This position will have single threaded focus on the Beauty categories from within the Associates team in New York City and will work closely with the Beauty team in Seattle.
Amazon's Beauty team provides incredible beauty product selection in both the mass and the luxury beauty space and everything in between. As someone obsessed with beauty products, you will influence and build relationships with top lifestyle publishers and Influencers to drive revenue, new customers and awareness for Amazon's Beauty business. You are deep on beauty trends and understand how our range of beauty products fit into content creators' strategies. You will explore revenue driving opportunities with leading publishers as well as the leading influencers in this segment.
Using your deep knowledge of digital media and a solution-oriented mindset you will collaborate with and influence our product teams to develop innovative integrations which help unlock new opportunities for Amazon's Beauty business across the media landscape. You are an excellent oral and written communicator and you possess an analytical approach to business development, leveraging data to drive decisions. You are highly organized and have the ability to work independently. You're particularly adept at developing strong, one-to-one relationships and working closely and constructively with both internal and external partners. You have experience navigating technical and product requirements and adoption and have the ability to influence technical leaders and incorporate technical requirements into negotiations and contracts.
As a leader for this segment within the Associates Team, you:
• Own quarterly unit and revenue growth objectives for new and existing publishers and influencers
• Independently develop strategic recommendations that align with the overall Beauty strategy
• Drive for simplified, scalable solutions for publishers, including identifying new opportunities to drive growth
• Develop, execute, and refine an end to end influencer strategy in partnership with the Beauty team
• Drive special deal terms and negotiations with new and existing publishers/influencers
• Develop publisher strategy to drive awareness and sales around deal and seasonal Beauty events
• Work closely with the product, account management & marketing teams to act as liaison to publishers and influencers
• Own data analysis and partner with business intelligence to develop reporting methodologies
• Drive adoption of products for publishers, including tools to implement effective integrations (links, display units, etc.), reporting tools, product feeds etc.
• Work closely with technology teams to inform product roadmap and provide feedback on product requirements
Requirements include a minimum of 7 years business-to-business enterprise complex sales/business development partnership experience in online with a heavy bias toward web affiliate, social media, online advertising and ecommerce environments.
• 7 + years in Business Development, Partnership or B2B customer-facing roles
• 4 + year in Online Marketing, Ecommerce or Merchandising roles
• Highly analytical and data driven
• Familiarity with the influencer space
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Bachelor's degree required
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• Sound business judgment and strong analytical thinking
• Ability to influence technical leaders and incorporate technical requirements into negotiations and contracts.
• Knowledge of and passion for Beauty products and the Beauty space
• Experience working with lifestyle publishers and/or influencers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top