Senior Business Development Manager
AWS's Infrastructure Global Expansion ("IGE") organization is changing the world every day. It is a requirement for working here. If you are not passionate about making things better for our organization and pushing the envelope every day, no need to apply. If you don't exude passion, creativity, commitment, and fun, you will not make it. Thinking big, raising the bar, and disrupting the status quo are not for everyone!
Our Global Site Selection team is growing, and we need unique people with remarkable talents. We work hard, play hard, and make history. You must be able to check your ego at the door and drive towards the common goals that we set. We care about people, growth, excellence, and results. And, we are in search of real people who believe in and deliver the improbable every day.
As a Senior Business Development Manager for new Regions within Amazon Web Services, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to expand our infrastructure in new markets across the globe. You will own internal relationships with key business partners (construction, finance, legal), perform market and financial analysis, evaluate real estate solutions in accordance with our standards, and negotiate data center and other deals, and close them. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as an ability to recognize and evaluate technical issues alongside our data center engineers and construction/design teams. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to negotiate multi-million dollar contracts from business and technical perspectives.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Understand the infrastructure market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- Possess the ability to manage internal business partnerships, due diligence, and real estate contracts, and be able to digest and master the standards of an Amazon data center build to acquire real estate solutions.
- Negotiate key contracts from business and technical perspectives.
- Prioritize and effectively negotiate multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Formulate, articulate, and execute transaction strategy.
- Understand the technical requirements of our engineering and construction teams and acquire real estate solutions which solve their requirements as well as the business objectives.
- Prepare and give regular updates to the senior management team regarding due diligence and contracting progress, status, and actions to close.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Take ownership of ambiguous and dynamic tasks, initiatives, and projects, and drive them to completion.
- Make the impossible possible.
- Be a trusted activist for your customers, your team, and our strategies.
- Be a leader throughout Amazon – speak up, exert influence to create positive change, and think big every chance you get.
- Be a trusted business partner and coach to our leaders.
- Understand our business and how what you do helps it accelerate at rocket speeds. Buckle-up!
- We want genuine people who enjoy coming to work at Amazon. Be you!
- Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty; soap and water are readily available!
- When you think you are done, go one step further.
- Embrace change, it happens here at the speed of light . . . maybe faster.
- Look around corners and be proactive. We move too fast to be reactive.
- Not only accept challenges, but welcome them.
- The right person will possess a combination of (a) both technical and business acumen; (b) 5-10 years of experience in business development transactions, real estate transactions with significant technical components, site selection, economic development, and/or program/product management experience; and (c) familiarity with infrastructure environments, preferably Internet-related.
- Be able to demonstrate a successful history of negotiation and deal-making experience.
- Ability to negotiate legal documents and interact with legal resources.
- Ability to travel internationally, at times with short notice.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to recognize and communicate real estate, technical, and construction requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, or related fields.
- Positivity, especially in the face of ambiguity and dynamic project requirements.
- Proven track record of positively influencing teams and their leaders.
- Ability to connect and engage with all teams at all levels.
- Last but not least, have the desire to work for the most customer-centric company on the planet.
- Master's Degree or higher (including Juris Doctor) in business, real estate, economic development, engineering, or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of alternative real estate transaction approaches, structures, and best practices, related development processes, and commercial/industrial site selection.
- Ability to understand & communicate high level electrical, power & cooling, fiber optics, and other technical requirements.
- Understanding of and experience in general data center operations.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top