Senior Business Analyst - (Lux, London, Paris, Madrid or Munich)
- Szczecin, Poland
The EU Mass Vendor Recruitment (MVR) team owns the on-boarding of new vendors onto the Amazon Retail platform at scale and helps new and existing vendors grow their businesses, in order to grow relevant selection for Amazon customers throughout Europe. We are looking for a passionate, insightful, results-oriented Senior Business Analyst who converts data from various sources into actionable business insights. Your work will directly influence how we evolve, scale, grow, and expand across the EU landscape.
In this role, you will solve some of the most complex and ambiguous analytic projects of the broader organization and skillfully flex among various tools according to the problem and data. You will design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, support and publish in-depth data interpretation to support the implementation plan of the business strategies. Finally, you will build, and make these strategies come to life. Ideally this role is based out of Luxembourg, however we are also open to the possibility of Munich, London, Madrid or Paris.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an understanding and empathy for business objectives, and continually align their work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value. They listen effectively.
• Analyze historical and segmentation data to identify trends and insights, stepping back to understand the broader context, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
• Collect and manage structured and unstructured data (including anecdotes) from various sources.
• Influence teams and roadmaps to drive changes according to the analyses completed and build scalability and automation into reporting and analysis.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Design, develop, and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
• 7+ years of professional experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role.
• 3+ years of experience conducting analysis and data mining using Excel.
• Experience with one or more major data visualization tools including Tableau/QuickSight/Power BI, etc.
• Understanding of data warehousing and data modelling.
• Experience solving complex problems - you must be able to think laterally and solve extremely ambiguous problems quickly and comprehensively.
• Advanced SQL, ETL, Excel and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
• Strong bias for action, highly organized and ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with limited guidance and tight deadlines.
• Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner, fluent English is required.
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
• Experience leading large-scale analytics projects with BI solutions development using AWS technologies -Redshift, Athena, S3, EC2, QuickSight, etc
• Experience designing and implementing ETL Pipelines, Query Performance Tuning, and other data engineering techniques
• Experience in scripting languages for parsing and data analysis
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top