The Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) organization collectively represents some of the most critical components of Amazon's first-class Middle Mile transportation network. Everything we do is aimed at further delighting our customers with faster, cheaper and more efficient means of receiving packages. We are building an exciting, new business in this space and seeking a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Business Analyst to join our team in Seattle. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves learning, building a new business and the ambiguity that comes with that, challenging the status quo and keeping up with constantly evolving problems and technologies. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to contribute directly to the success of an industry changing business, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
This position requires high judgment, excellent analytical abilities, a creative mind to invent solutions to improve the customer delivery experience; it also offers broad exposure to various business, operational, financial, and technical teams across Amazon. You should thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and won't be hindered by ambiguity. If you are passionate about customer experience, detail oriented, organized, and systematically break down problems with ease, we would love to speak with you!
• Assist in designing, developing and delivering a scalable set of tools that enable a seamless data exploration and analytics experience for our internal stakeholders.
• Prototype applications and services that assist in automating or providing greater visibility into a range of operational processes.
• Apply data mining and quantitative analysis to understand how our customers interact with us and identify the best way to improve the customer experience and meet our goals.
• Acquire various data sources to enable holistic analysis at a global level
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
Want to learn more about working with Amazon Transportation Services? Check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5YqrtBGvY&feature=youtu.be
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Finance).
• 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Business analytics, Business intelligence, data engineering or database engineering.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• Experience in BI platform like Tableau, QlikView, etc.
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, Lamdba.
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.