As we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon has reinvented how hundreds of millions of people shop online providing customers with the opportunity to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy and providing millions of sellers with a platform for growing successful businesses.
Are you passionate about solving problems that impact our sellers and customers globally? Do you like working on complex data sets that solve real world problems? Do you like not only finding out what is happening but going after why it is happening?
If so, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Business Analyst to develop new ways to build trust and loyalty with sellers globally, a crucial component of our flywheel.
Sellers' trust and loyalty in Amazon is our top priority a problem that is at the core of what Amazon is as a business, impacts our sellers around the world, and requires diving deep into complex data.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• working with team leadership to understand customer needs and concerns, translating business problem statements into analysis requirements and defining solutions,
• using analytical and statistical rigor to analyze large data sets (retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources), solve complex problems and drive business decisions,
• owning the design and development of scaled data systems and tooling for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to support analytical and business needs,
• recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, validation and documentation,
• designing experiments (i.e. A/B testing) to test assumptions and form actionable recommendations,
• writing queries and output efficiently with in-depth knowledge of the data available pulling the data required with standard query syntax, periodically identifying more advanced methods of query optimization and converting the data to make it analysis-ready,
• monitoring and troubleshooting operational or data issues consistently reviewing and auditing existing ETL jobs and SQL queries
• and ultimately, in doing all of the above, actively engaging with key stakeholders to build understanding and drive insight by answering not just what is happening but why it is happening
Invention has become second nature at Amazon, and the pace of innovation is only accelerating. Amazon's growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
This opportunity is fundamental to building our understanding of our sellers globally, driving change and improvement to seller experiences and part of a new team charged with solving that challenge.
• 5+ years of experience in similar data analytics role with a track record of managing complex data sets
• Curiosity and strong ability to drive insights from data synthesizing not only what is happening by why it is happening
• Self-starter show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
• Strong verbal, written communication and data presentation skills including an ability to work with business and technical stakeholders
• Work well in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
• BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Finance or related field
• Data proficiency and mastery of SQL querying and ETL jobs
• Proficiency using Excel or similar BI visualization tools
• 5+ years of experience in development requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, i.e. Tableau
• Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
• Experience using Python, Ruby or other scripting languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation and analysis
• Experience using R, SAS or other statistical packages