Senior Briefing Manager (Written/Spoken Japanese Required)
(Please note applicants must speak and write in fluent Japanese)
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners adopt cloud computing web services? Would you like to work with our AWS Sales team and expert speakers to help answer our customers' most challenging issues?
At AWS, we're hiring a Senior Briefing Manager to work with our sales and business partners. The EBC (Executive Briefing Center) delivers high-impact briefings to our customers, leveraging expert speakers across AWS.
The Senior Briefing Manager understands the customer's cloud journey. The Senior Briefing Manager provides guidance to the Account Manager to design briefings that best serve the objectives of the customer, and will help increase customer adoption of AWS services and solutions. This role will also actively guide the briefing by conducting opening remarks and closing next steps.
Responsibilities of the Senior Briefing Manager include:
- Collaborate with Sales and Partner teams to help understand the customer's business needs and build the customer's briefing agenda. Ask probing questions regarding customer issues and design appropriate follow-up criteria for each speaker. Assess the need for specific discussions with speakers.
- Direct the best and highest use of available EBC resources based upon relevant briefing acceptance criteria.
- Match speakers and agenda topics with customer needs. Works with the Speaker/Content Manager and Track Owner to ensure speakers have been fully vetted for the respective topic.
- Lead the briefing by setting expectations with the account manager and customer at opening and closes the briefing to ensure all relevant data and next steps are clearly communicated.
- Set expectations with the account manager and holds them accountable for the required joint work (actions and deadlines) leading to a successful EBC briefing.
- Ensure all necessary logistical arrangements are made to support the briefing (booking meeting space, coordinating vendor services including: catering, A/V etc.
- Verify briefing post-mortems have been completed by the Sales team to ensure we've collected the customer's next steps.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of EBC scalable processes and tools. Works with the Operations Manager to design requirements for improvements.
- · Provide assistance to our Japanese customers traveling to Seattle for an executive briefing
- Apply the best practices of the Seattle EBC program to assist local briefings in Japan.
- Experience in sales, business development, management consulting or partner management
- Foundation of knowledge related to cloud computing concepts
- Experience leading and managing programs
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- BS/BA degree, concentration in business, marketing or technical (computer science, engineering)
- Must speak and write in fluent Japanese
- Experience at a technology company
- Solid understanding of AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Strong background in voice of the customer and translating to actionable results.
- Experience with a Fortune 1000/Global 2000 company.
- Work with customized software applications and is able to make strong recommendations for automation and self-service.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and vertically, from Senior Executives to Account manager.
- Experience in hosting executive meetings for customers from Japan
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top