Senior Benefits HR Risk and Compliance Manager
The HR Risk & Compliance team is responsible for managing global programs that include inventorying, assessing, controlling, and monitoring important HR and employment-related risks where we do business. As a member of Amazon's HR Risk & Compliance team, the Senior Benefits HR Risk & Compliance Manager will be an integral team member working with global HR policy, process, and system owners to design, administer, and test the organizations global health, welfare and other related employee benefit programs.
This includes researching legal and regulatory obligations with local labor and employment attorneys, working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular and ongoing basis, and developing and leading remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal requirements, geographies, types of business, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues, among other things.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Consult with global legal and HR policy, process, and system owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate employee benefits related risks.
• Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
• Develop deep knowledge of the employee benefits solution(s) utilized by Amazon, consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
• Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to HR policy, process, and system owners and senior stakeholders.
• Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) system framework.
• Conduct on-site and virtual risk control assessments, draft reports detailing methodology, results, and remediation plans.
• Consult on supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
• Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
• Manage other HR risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
• Able to travel 20%, as necessary
The ideal candidate is seeking to work for a highly innovative company and is motivated by the opportunity to participate in the development of new and leading edge HR solutions. The successful candidate is highly organized, ably builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to details, and the ability to effectively articulate recommendations/conclusions verbally and written. Knowledge of human resources processes and risk/compliance management concepts, particularly in an international context, are preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's degree
• 6+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
• Experience with employee benefits administration
• MS Office proficiency
• Advanced degree in a related area (MSHR, MBA, JD)
• Certification in HR or Risk/Compliance field
• 8+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
• Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage ambiguity and drive results
• Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
• Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary
• Sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
• Proven analytical capabilities
• Experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
• Experience managing HR projects and developing HR policies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Back to top