Senior Battery Test Engineer
- Redmond, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space-based and wireless systems design.
This is a hardware and software engineering position focusing on the development and testing of battery for the Project Kuiper satellite program. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging opportunity to work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas.
You will help innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform previous iterations. You'll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product's performance, quality and cost. We want individuals who want to reach beyond what is possible today. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment. We will need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains.
• Design and develop automated test system for design verification purposes, including sub-components, PCBAs, and the full battery assembly.
• Develop and conduct system performance tests such as electrical efficiency, thermal efficiency, system durability, and mechanical and electrical verification
• Create and maintain test programs spanning multiple months/years to understand the impact of degradation factors on battery life
• Develop detailed test plans and document test results for battery abuse testing (electrical and mechanical),
• Develop and perform battery abuse testing (electrical and mechanical)
• Select, acquire, run, and maintain equipment for testing of batteries and sub-components
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in design, development, or testing of lithium battery systems
• Experience with high energy and/or high power lithium battery systems
• Scripting or programming experience (Python, MATLAB, C)
• Schematic design and electrical debugging experience
• BS or MS degree
• Knowledge of lithium battery safety concerns and hazard mitigation
• PCB design experience
• Simple mechanical fixture design experience
• Battery abuse testing experience
• Experience with design of experiments
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top