There is nothing COOLER than thinking and developing a brand-new IoT protocol like Sidewalk.
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort of Ring, an Amazon company, to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn't have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a Sr. Backend Software Development Engineer. In this role, you will play an engineering leadership role for the development of a product portfolio in the rapidly growing IoT space influencing how billions of devices can be connected.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in operating in an ambiguous space with strong technical ability, project management skills, and background in building products and APIs from the ground up. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should be innovative, have effective engineering leadership and communication skills, and be team oriented. You must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into highly scalable, simple products that our audience will love. Since we are building scalable solutions using Native AWS: Lambda, Cloud Formation, Live Pipelines, Cognito and more, we have no legacy code to maintain and we are free to use the best tools and technologies available.
Base location: Taipei or Hsinchu
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years industry experience with at least 4+ years providing technical leadership (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) as a senior engineer.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Demonstrated coding and problem solving skills in at least one modern programming language.
• Experience developing and maintaining production software.
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization).
• Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
• Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
• Experience in building REST APIs
• Experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
• Experience building scalable products using Amazon Web Services
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Results oriented and analytical, with a strong customer and business focus
• Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
• Strong sense of ownership, with a passion for software and continuous learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.