Senior AWS Solutions Architect - Microsoft Platform
- San Francisco, CA
Are you a Windows guru, a SQL Server master or a C# superstar? Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and utilize your existing Microsoft technical skills to help customers move to the AWS cloud? Do you want to learn the latest cloud computing technologies and play a part in making history? Do you like finding innovate ways to solve technical problems and learning how some of the largest enterprises build their architectures?
As a Senior Solutions Architect for the Microsoft technology stack you will help customers accelerate their adoption of AWS, and analyzing the technical aspects of building and migrating to AWS. You will also play a key role in working with the AWS Service Teams to help them build the best cloud services on Earth. You will create content and speak publicly about the amazing things that our customers are doing on AWS. Additionally, you will engage with other Solutions Architects and the wider field of technology experts to bring your experience and expertise so they can better support our customers.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on Microsoft technology stack as it relates to customer end-to-end solutions and services.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Technical studies or equivalent related job experience
• Minimum of 6 years IT experience that includes at least 4 years of hands-on .NET software development, Windows infrastructure, or SQL database architecture.
• 2 years of internal or external customer engagement in an architecture role, pre-sales, or consulting.
• Some travel required up to 30% of the time
Knowledge and/or experience in any of the following:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Any AWS certification, preferably associate or professional level, additionally certifications on Azure, MCSA, MCSD, and/or MCSE
• Developing high quality, enterprise scale software products
• Datacenter migration, especially involving Windows Servers and complex Windows workloads
• Designing or managing a large SQL Server implementation
• Designing or managing a large Active Directory implementation
• Knowledge of .NET Programming (C#) and/or life cycle application management (knowledge of CI/CD including common technologies like Azure DevOps, Git and Jenkins)
• Knowledge of cloud services, cloud native design and/or cloud implementation experience
• Knowledge of microservices and application modernization techniques
• Knowledge of Microsoft licensing and common licensing deployments
• Knowledge of infrastructure management platforms like WSUS, SCCM, SCOM
• Knowledge of networking design including DNS, routing, traffic management, firewalls and/or private networking
• Managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage application, server, and network security
• Knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top