Senior Auditor, Denied Party Screening (DPS)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a Senior Auditor to join a centralized Denied Party Sanction (DPS) team focused on denied party and sanctions screening systems and processes.
We don't want someone who can just find risks. This person will translate risks into business issues. You will be responsible for prioritizing findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy and regulations. You should be able to facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
We are seeking a candidate that has good analytical skills, solid business judgment, a controllership focus, and the capability to drive the right results with a focused and pragmatic approach. You should be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms. You should be an effective project manager who can manage a team and conduct your own audits from beginning to end, often managing multiple projects at once.
As a Senior Auditor, you will be:
• Leading the planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of audits based on identified risks related to the DPS program.
• Providing consultative support to business partners to identify opportunities for control improvements with the objective of mitigating risk and improving compliance and operational performance. In this capacity, you will gain valuable exposure to many areas within our global business.
• Directing meetings and be a champion for positive change.
• Working independently and remaining flexible, with the ability to prioritize workloads and maintain resilient attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
• Diving deep into the details to develop meaningful findings and help drive solutions.
• Understanding complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, compliance, organizations, and technology.
Up to 5-10% travel may be required, including international travel.
• BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, management information systems, computer science or related field.
• 3 + years' of experience in internal auditing, compliance, and risk management.
• Excellent risk management experience, including: performing assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
• Big 4 consulting experience.
• Relevant certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM).
• Experience writing code, writing data queries, implementing technical solutions, or other IT related jobs is a plus.
• A self-starter who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon's systems architecture.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level. management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
• Up to date analytical skills. Proven history of analyzing data and situations to identify meaningful observations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top