Senior Applied Scientist- Machine Learning
- Sunnyvale, CA
As a Senior Machine Learning engineer you will be responsible for developing, optimizing, testing, and deploying hardware edge machine learning solutions used in a range of Amazon devices. You will collaborate closely with a team of machine learning scientists and hardware designers to implement solutions in various areas including speech, vision, robotic perception and sensor fusion. You will also help drive the system architecture, spearhead best practices that enable a quality product, and help coach and develop junior engineers.
In this role you will:
• Analyze machine learning models for deployment in Amazon device hardware accelerators.
• Train and optimize models to work most efficiently on Amazon devices
• Develop processes and software automation to automate mapping of machine learning models onto Amazon device hardware accelerators
• Work with hardware architects and engineers to implement hardware acceleration for Amazon devices
• PhD or Masters in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
• Experience with implementing, training and deploying industry standard machine learning models including RNNs and CNNs
• Experience working with hardware design languages (Verilog) and development environments
• Experience with machine learning toolkits
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience developing with modern programming languages (Python, Java, C/C++), open-source technologies, and Linux.
• Experience with NLP algorithms and libraries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top