Senior Applied Scientist - Deep Learning
- Santa Monica, CA
Want to work on one of the most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We built the state-of-the-art Text-to-Speech system and cloud services Amazon Polly and Amazon Alexa. Our technology is available through Amazon Web Services (AWS) and powers Amazon Echo and Alexa. And this is just the beginning. We're on to build the Star Trek computer and you have a chance to be part of this. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Applied Scientist with a strong background in Machine Learning and Software Development to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Text-to-Speech (TTS) in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As Senior Applied Scientist at TTS Research Team you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech synthesis. You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to build Machine Learning models for automated quality evaluation of speech synthesis.
• PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
• Comprehensive and deep knowledge in fields such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Statistical modeling.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving and diagnosis.
• Solid software development experience with programming languages such as Scala, Python, Java, C#/.Net or C/C+.
• Good written and spoken English communication skills.
• PhD and 3+ years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in any of the following fields: text-to-speech, speech recognition, natural language processing, signal processing, computer vision or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in designing, building and maintaining distributed large scale systems for data processing.
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers.
Back to top