Senior Applied Scientist - Computer Vision
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Are you a scientist who dreams of advancing computer vision by applying it to solve complex problems within Amazon's fulfillment networks? Answer yes to any of these and you've got to check us out!
Amazon Robotic Application team is seeking applied computer vision scientists to join a multi-disciplinary team that combines software engineers, hardware engineers, applied scientists, control engineers and project managers. Together we own design, prototype, build, integrate, test, launch and running of automated robotic applications in the Amazon fulfillment network.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are hands on and you lead by example. You acquire expertise as needed, iterate and adapt your approach as you learn more. You are deeply interested in pragmatic problem solving as well as taking risks in pioneering brand new areas. You develop end to end computer vision systems that are used in the entire fleet of Amazon fulfillment centers.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or a Master's degree with equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in computer vision or image processing.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals or a proven track record of industry innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art.
- At least 3 years of experience in coding computer vision and machine learning algorithms in C, C++, Python, or Java
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects in algorithm design and software development through the product life cycle.
- Deep learning, machine learning, information retrieval, or data mining experience.
- Specific computer vision skills in object detection, recognition, 3D computer vision, and/or tracking.
- 3+ years of developing computer vision and machine learning algorithms in an industrial/corporate setting
- Experience deploying solutions to AWS or cloud services.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to write production-quality code.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top