Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply inference, advanced statistical modeling and techniques to solve world's most challenging problems in ? Do you want to play a crucial role in the future of Amazon's Retail business? Do you want to be a part of a journey that develops a new technology from scratch for answering critical business question in Amazon Retail?
Every time an Amazon customer makes a purchase, a number of systems are involved: these systems help optimize acquisition, enable a number of purchase options, ensure great , store products so they are available for fast delivery, and minimize package frustration. The Technology (SCOT) Group develops and manages these systems. We are central to Amazon customers' ability to find what they want and get it when they want it.
The IPC Lab team within SCOT is responsible for designing and executing the inference and experimentation systems that measure the impact of SCOT initiatives. We are looking for applied scientists to drive innovation in SCOT by developing a new scientific approach and pushing our system further upstream in the innovation process. Key responsibilities of an Senior Applied Scientist in IPC Lab include:
• Developing new statistical, , and techniques and develop solution prototypes to drive innovation
• Working with technical and non-technical customers to design experiments and communicate results
• Collaborating with our dedicated software team to create production implementations for data analysis
• Developing an understanding of key business metrics / KPIs and providing clear, compelling analysis that shapes the direction of our business
• Presenting research results to our internal research community
• Leading training and informational sessions on our science and capabilities
Your contributions will be seen and recognized broadly within Amazon, contributing to the Amazon research corpus and patent portfolio.
To help describe some of our challenges, we created a short video about at Amazon - http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• PhD degree in , computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or related field with 5+ year relevant experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Proficiency in statistical software such as R, SAS, STATA, etc.
• At least 2+ years hands on experience programming in , or other similar programming language
• Experience with languages such as Python
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Experience with Graphs
• Experience with AB testing framework and case control experiment design
• Experience with multi-armed bandits
• Experience with search and recommender systems
• Experience with discrete choice experimentation
• Experience with observational study design and analysis
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with MapReduce concepts and Hadoop / Elastic MapReduce, / Scala