Senior Applied Scientist, Alexa Speech
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Speech technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Alexa's capability to understand customer's speech by not just transforming speech to text, but understand the non-lexical component of communication by speech, for example intonation, pitch and speed of speaking, hesitation noises, gesture, and facial expression to make Alexa more human-like.
As a Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in understanding and solving prosody. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. Creating reliable, scalable and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. We value academic collaborations and encourage our scientists and engineers to publish in conferences and do open source contribution.
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Speech Audio Signal Processing and Speech Feature Extraction
• Machine Learning - experience with scientific programming languages such as Python (and C/C++)
• Experience with at least one of the modern distributed ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or MxNet
• Hands on experience and knowledge on developing CNN and LSTM based neural models
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /Age
Back to top