Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa voice cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. We deliver world-class products on aggressive schedules that are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. At the same time, we obsess about customer trust and ensure that we build products in a manner that maintains our high bar for customer privacy. We are looking for a passionate and talented Applied Scientist with experience in delivering production systems based on innovative research. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business. You will be working on one of the world's most cutting edge customer experience and technology. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing customer experience. Besides theoretical analysis and innovation, you will work closely with talented engineers and ML scientists to put your algorithms and models into practice. Your work will directly impact the trust customers place in Alexa, globally.
You are the ideal candidate if you are clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. You should thrive in ambiguous environments that require to find solutions to problems that have not been solved before. You enjoy and succeed in fast paced environments where learning new concepts quickly is a must. You should have good understanding of NLP models, LSTM, transformer based models, You leverage your exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems to creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products. Your strong communication skills enable you to work effectively with both business and technical partners. Work from any location in the U.S.A.
You will be joining a select group of people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Graduate degree in Computer Science (Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
• Practical experience applying NLP or Computer Vision to solve complex problems
• Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
• Experience using Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language;
• Experience distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
• PhD in Computer Science (Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent);
• 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in some of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, NLP (Natural Language Processing), recommendation systems, dialogue systems or information retrieval; Computer Vision
• Peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
• Proven track record of production achievements, handling gigabyte and terabyte size datasets
• Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
• Track record in technically leading, mentoring scientists
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $350800 - 540100/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.