The Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background, to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology.
Our mission is to provide a delightful experience to Amazon's customers by pushing the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), and Audio Signal Processing technologies. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge natural language and multimodal processing technologies that advance Alexa's capabilities. They will be able to impact millions of Alexa's customers and publish results in top-tier conferences and journals.
Day-to-day activities include:
• Implementing and testing state-of-the-art algorithms on various business critical problems
• Developing novel algorithms and extensions that improve over state-of-the-art
• Working with a cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, product and program management to transition research results to production
• Publishing and patenting key findings
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning
• 7+ years of related work experience OR a PhD and 5+ years of related work experience.
• Familiarity with programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java or Perl.
• Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems
• Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques
• Scientific thinking and the ability to invent
• Track record of thought, leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
• Solid software development experience
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us