Senior Applied Scientist, Alexa AI
- Bellevue, WA
Come join the Alexa team, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services! You will help us invent the future.
As a Senior Applied Scientist of the Alexa AI - Alexa Data Services Team, you will research and create models, improve models for natural language processing and speech recognition problems.
You will gain hands-on experience with Amazon's heterogeneous structured data sources; as well as large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in training deep neural networks for natural language understanding and automatic speech recognition on thousands of hours of speech. You will be leading on solving highly visible and impactful business problems in areas of new product development, automation, self-service solution and quality improvement, to continue delight Alexa customers and help driving Amazon business performance.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. Creating reliable, scalable and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Machine Learning.
We value academic collaborations and encourage our scientists to publish in top conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, KDD etc. and do open source contribution.
As a Senior Applied Scientist in the team, you'll mentor and develop other scientitsts in the team, drive cross team collaborations with partner science teams in NLU, ASR and Conversational AI organizations. You'll also help the team and the management define the roadmap for the the science team and the sister platform team. You'll drive science best practices across multiple team and within the organization.
(S)He should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. (S)He will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. (S)He will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. (S)He should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
• Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or related industry experience
• 5+ years of experience with underlying Machine Learning techniques, Deep Learning
• 1+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, Python or related language
• 5+ years of experience in state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical modeling techniques
• PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, machine learning, computer science or related discipline
• 8+ years of industry or postdoctoral experience in machine learning
• 5+ years of experience in natural language understanding/processing or speech recognition
• Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
• Experience in building large-scale machine learning systems
• Hands on coding and object-oriented design with Python or other OO language
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top