Senior Applied Scientist
- Tübingen, Germany
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along at a walking pace.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to delight customers.
We are a newly established innovative Development Center in Tübingen, Germany which focuses on computer vision, machine learning, robotics and causality in diverse application fields at Amazon.
If you get excited by the prospect of dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, working in a startup like environment and if you want to come to one of the most exciting places of the world for researching Intelligent Systems, then we have the perfect role for you. We have several open positions for different levels of experience and this is what we are looking for in the field of Computer Vision:
- Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms
- Work on large-scale datasets, focusing on creating scalable and accurate systems for real-time applications
- Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
- Collaborate with teams spread all over the world
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary team
- A PhD in machine learning, computer vision
- Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision
- Strong coding skills in two or more programming languages such as Matlab, Python, C/C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Experience in publishing at major conferences or journals
- 6++ years of experience in C/C++, Python
- 3++ year of industrial experience
- Experience in deep learning
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top