Senior Application Migration & Modernization Consultant
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to drive enterprise transformation and lead a portfolio of large scale application development projects and migrations. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to develop and execute highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer migration use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As trusted customer advocates, the Application Migration and Modernization Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape and execute a strategy to deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
In this role, you would be part of leading a complex and ambitious program to build our solutions and capabilities within the Application Migration and Modernization Practice, as well as elevating the technical execution and delivery. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. You'll need to make prioritization calls across the enterprise that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive processes and execution goals.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated technical experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven leader with the ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. In the Application Migration and Modernization Practice, we're hiring both highly technical cloud computing consultants and experienced business focused individuals to take leadership roles to develop and execute strategies for various phases of large scale migrations for customers rapidly moving large numbers of applications onto AWS. The Applications Lead will support the development and growth of the market, driving customer consulting delivery, and will be responsible for execution of the methodology by which we deliver Migrations and Application Development Projects for customers. This person will work across our AWS Regional Teams and AWS Partners to identify and leverage tools and technology that will be leveraged to build a blueprint of tools and processes that can then be used to plan and execute migration projects.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications, and extensive experience leading and controlling large scale IT projects across multiple stakeholders.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits, mapping customer business and technical requirements, and guiding the delivery of technical solutions, both AWS and AWS Partner led, designed to dig deep into the details of customer systems to be migrated to AWS.
• Delivery - Driving high team utilization on customer engagements including working with customers and AWS Partners to discover and map hardware and software solutions on customer's on-premise or alternate cloud solutions in order to build migration plans to move customer workloads to AWS.
• Feedback and Insights - work with AWS engineering and service teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps and improving migration program success. Share real world migration challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater success of AWS cloud migrations.
• Cross Functional - working with peer leaders across AWS Professional Services to develop cross-functional ability to augment each other's roles when necessary or so as to provide perspective for improvement.
• Customer facing experience, including discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation;
• Experience track record of managing and delivering large-scale IT projects including definition and execution of successful project controls on a large scale;
• 7-10 years of implementation/consulting experience;
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale;
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.);
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required. Scrum Master experience a plus;
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries; and
• BS level technical degree required or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired.
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure;
• Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions;
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services;
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments;
• AWS Developer Certification
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Back to top