As part of the brand new Worldwide Operations team, you will be given the tools and the environment to drive change in one of the fastest growing, largest and most complex supply chains in the world.
This role provides the perfect opportunity for a seasoned TM1/Planning Analytics developer or consultant to take on a wide variety of green fields projects and expand the skill set into data engineering with the AWS stack, Python and TMPy.
• Design and implementation of next generation financial solutions based on a wide array of technologies with TM1 in its core.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
• Collaborate with business users, development teams, and operation engineering teams to tackle business requirements and deliver against high operational standards of system availability and reliability
• Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes
• Prepare runbooks, methods of procedures, tutorials, training videos on best practices for the team
• Build monitoring dashboards and creation of critical alarms for the system
• Build and enhance software to extend system, application, or tool functionality to improve business processes and meet end user needs while working within the overall system architecture
• Diagnose and resolve operational issues, perform detailed root cause analysis, respond to suggestions for enhancements, and create detailed recommendations for solutions to problems that impact code owned by another group
• Identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation
• Rotational on-call availability for critical systems support
• 7+ years of relevant IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics experience including system configuration, model building and developing reports or dashboards with TM1
• TM1 technical skills: Rules and TI coding, security setup, report development, ongoing maintenance of existing models
• TM1 soft skills: gathering requirements for new projects, providing user training
• Experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures
• Experience with data modelling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and processes
• Proficiency with MS Excel
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics or other technical discipline
• Working experience with TM1Py, REST API
• Experience in design and optimization of data-processing systems using AWS services (S3, EMR, Lambda, Glue, Athena, SNS, Cloud Watch, Redshift, Aurora/RDS)
• Experience with a programming language like Python, Java, Unix shell scripts
• Project management, scoping, reporting, and scheduling experience a plus
• Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other technical discipline
• Customer focused and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work on a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.