Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development Company that designs, develops, and manufactures high-profile devices such as the Amazon Echo, the best-selling Kindle family of e-readers, the FireTV streaming media players, and the family of Fire tablets. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce market leading products as well as new inventions. What will you help us create?
The Lab126 design team is seeking a talented and passionate 3D Animator to work on our devices and accessories. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
You will be responsible for exploring and delivering high-quality animations for various project experiences, working collaboratively within a team of other designers, researchers, engineers and program managers, creating a holistic product experience at the highest standards for our customers.
The successful candidate will embrace a highly iterative approach to design informed by user research, prototyping and cutting edge technologies, and will have the creativity and judgment to translate customer centric design vision into simple, intuitive and engaging experiences, despite underlying complexity or constraints.
Additionally, this candidate must be articulate and possess the communication skills to convey proposals and specifications to other teams and disciplines within the organization at all levels, demonstrating a keen attention to detail and time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Animation or equivalent Animation, Motion Graphics, or related field of study
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of 3D Rigging experience and 5+ years animation skills (Maya)
- Mastery in the principles of animation and storytelling, with a passion for breathing life in to video, games and interactive experiences.
- Significant interactive and motion design experience from early concept development to production
- Ability to distill complex problems and turn around solutions reflecting a range of simple, elegant, and technically-feasible options
- Experience with 3D modeling, rendering, 2D animation (After Affects), basic programming, MEL and Python scripting
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment
- Excellent communication skills: visual, verbal and written
- Experience working to a tight production pipeline process
- Demonstrate drive and confidence
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
Please include a digital portfolio and animation reel with your resume.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top