Senior Analytics and Media Manager
- Birigui, Brazil
Amazon Advertising exists at the intersection of marketing and ecommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon owned properties as well as third party properties Amazon operates. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Analytics and Media Manager (Sr. AMM) to help scale our growing advertising business by working with advertising agencies to discover and leverage insights based on Amazon Advertising data. The Sr. AMM is a key member of the Customer Success Team at Amazon Advertising, working with sales, product, retail and other Amazon business partners to analyze and improve advertisers' performance on Amazon, in support of their marketing initiatives. Sr. AMMs work with Amazon's unique data and translate it into high-quality and actionable insights and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns and unlock business opportunities. Day to day, Sr. AMM activities include analyzing metrics of success for a business or category, developing data-driven insights and recommendations for client leadership, and communicating recommendations in a clear and compelling fashion. The strategic and consultative digital expertise of a Sr. AMM is critical to delivering the best return on investment for our customers. Experience working with a major advertising and/or media agency will help this individual work more effectively.
• Use Amazon's data, your agency experience and your understanding of our advertising customers' business to provide guidance to agency partner leadership and C-suite marketing leaders, via business reviews and frequent in-person client presentations to regularly iterate on and articulate a brand's strategy.
• Present findings and insights in a consultative way to the client and collaborate with the relevant internal teams in order to provide a complete solution.
• Be able to deal with ambiguity in order decipher complex problems, select an ideal solution from a wide array of analytic techniques and concepts and translate into actionable requirements for your team.
• Have the ability to collaborate, work cross-functionally and communicate effectively across multiple business functions and geographies.
• Be comfortable working with regional advertisers and be able to ramp up quickly in terms of understanding the nuances of the advertisers across Brazil.
• Proactively provide appropriate levels of support and guidance to other locales outside of your core market.
• Influence marketing initiatives and own account-level data and/or analytics related strategic conversations internally and externally.
• Deliver regular and bespoke analyses and insights for some of the world's largest advertisers to drive growth across advertiser KPIs and help them grow their businesses.
• Demonstrate deep analytical ability, and develop great expertise in Amazon's proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve and scale how we analyze and communicate data driven insights to our advertisers.
• Educate other teams on Amazon media offerings and keep them engaged by delivering learning sessions, writing training documentation and white papers for internal and external use.
• Be a proponent of data driven decision making and encourage clients to act on the recommendations.
• Be someone who enjoys learning new skills and adopting new analytic methodologies and tools.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese
• Bachelor's degree plus 8+ years' experience in client-facing data analysis roles
• 4+ years of consulting experience with a major consulting firm or 4+ years of advertising experience.
• Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser and both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Excellent data driven storytelling skills you create and deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals
• Comfortable presenting complex analysis in a simple, easy to digest way to C-suite level stakeholders
• In depth understanding of advanced statistical techniques and methodologies as well as simple linear regression analysis, multivariate regression analysis and model building
• Advanced in SQL - ability to write complex queries from scratch from multiple tables, creating the appropriate joins, extracting and manipulating data, formatting fields, creating new measures and metrics, etc.
• Fluency with an advanced analytical tool (Python, R, SAS, etc.) ability to run advanced statistical modeling and testing in one of the above languages
• Fluency with visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.) ability to create interactive, user-friendly and compelling dashboards and reports.
• Complete understanding of the end-to-end process of marketing campaign development and execution.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a complex work environment, focusing on high-value activities
• Experience in delivering client facing reports in a consultancy role.
• Experience with advertising publishers and marketing/creative agencies.
• MBA, Master's or Doctoral degree in Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Advertising, or Business/Digital media planning experience.
• Experience in performance advertising in a role where you managed significant complexity and scaling challenges.
• Experience in predictive analytics, experimental design, A/B testing.
• Publication track record/writing experience (ex. published a paper in a technical journal or trade publication).
• Experience in campaign management and set up.
Back to top