Senior Analytics and Media Manager
- New York, NY
Amazon Advertising exists at the intersection of marketing and ecommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon owned properties as well as third party properties Amazon operates. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Agency Analytics and Media Manager (AMM) to help scale our growing advertising business, focusing on the top agency customers. The AMM is a key member of the Amazon Communications Planning (ACP) team at Amazon Advertising, working with agency development managers, product, and other Amazon business partners to analyze and improve advertisers' performance on Amazon, in support of their marketing initiatives. AMMs work with Amazon's unique data and translate it into high-quality and actionable insights and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns and unlock business opportunities. Day-to-day, AMM activities include analyzing metrics of success for a business or category, developing data-driven insights and recommendations for C-suite client leadership via agency leaders, and communicating recommendations in a clear and compelling fashion to agency strategic planners and investment teams. The strategic and consultative digital expertise of an AMM is critical to delivering the best return on investment for our agency partners.
• Use Amazon's data and your understanding of our advertising customers' business to provide guidance to C-suite marketing leaders, via business reviews and frequent in-person client presentations to regularly iterate on and articulate a brand's strategy
• Present findings and insights in a consultative way to the client and collaborate with the relevant internal teams in order to provide a complete solution
• Be able to deal with ambiguity in order decipher complex problems, select an ideal solution from a wide array of analytic techniques and concepts and translate into actionable requirements for your team
• Have the ability to collaborate, work cross-functionally and communicate effectively across multiple business functions and geographies
• Be comfortable working with non-UK based advertisers and be able to ramp up quickly in terms of understanding the nuances of the advertisers in other locales
• Proactively provide appropriate levels of support and guidance to other locales outside of your core market
• Influence marketing initiatives and own account-level data and/or analytics related strategic conversations internally and externally
• Deliver regular and bespoke analyses and insights for some of the world's largest advertisers to drive growth across advertiser KPIs and help them grow their businesses
• Demonstrate deep analytical ability, and develop great expertise in Amazon's proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve how we analyze and communicate data driven insights to our advertisers
• Educate other teams on Amazon media offerings and keep them engaged by delivering learning sessions, writing training documentation and whitepapers for internal and external use
• Demonstrate behavior that exemplifies the Amazon Leadership Principles
• Be a proponent of data driven decision making and encourage clients to act on the recommendations
• Be someone who enjoys, and shows an appetite for, learning new skills and adopting new analytic methodologies and tools
• Bachelor's degree plus 10+ years' experience in client-facing data analysis roles
• 5+ years of consulting experience with a major consulting firm or 5+ years of advertising experience with a top advertiser (agency side).
• Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser and both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Excellent data driven storytelling skills you create and deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals.
• Comfortable presenting new and complex analyses in a simple, easy to digest way to C-suite level stakeholders.
• In depth understanding of advanced statistical techniques and methodologies such as simple linear regression analysis, multivariate regression analysis and model building.
• Advanced in SQL - ability to edit complex queries creating the appropriate joins, extracting and manipulating data, formatting fields, creating new measures and metrics, etc.
• Fluency with at least one advanced analytical tool (Python, R, SAS, etc.) ability to run advanced statistical modelling and testing in at least one of the above languages.
• Fluency with visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.) ability to create interactive, user-friendly and compelling dashboards and reports.
• Complete understanding of the end-to-end process of marketing campaign development and execution.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a complex work environment, focusing on high-value activities
• Experience delivering client facing reports and presenting strategic recommendations that drive step change in a consultancy role.
• Experience challenging advertising publishers and marketing/creative agencies to think differently.
• MBA, Master's or Doctoral degree in Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Advertising, or Business/Digital media planning experience.
• Experience in performance advertising in a role where you managed significant complexity and scaling challenges.
• Agency or Client Communications Planning experience
• Experience with predictive analytics, experimental design, A/B testing.
• Experience and familiarity with AWS stack.
• Publication track record/writing experience (ex. published a paper in a technical journal or trade publication).
• Presentation track record (ex. presented a data-driven narrative at an industry conference).
• Experience in campaign management and set up.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top