Senior Advisory Consultant
- Perth, Australia
Are you a former Executive (CxO, CTO, VP) and have also been a consultant that can transform how the Canadian Public Sector views and uses technology with disruptive technologies like cloud computing? Have you personally arrived at a vision of how cloud technologies can fundamentally change how IT engages with the business, streamlines costs, establishes an effective and innovative mechanism with the agility to meet the dynamic needs of the business? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, shaping and leading highly-visible, highly-impactful projects that are transforming organizations?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Advisory consultants in our Professional Services Public Sector organization that are obsessed about our customers and the non-technical elements of their cloud transformation journey. Our Professional Services Advisory consultants will engage with customers to help them establish their; overall cloud journey vision, their business drivers, how they want to operate in the future, their roadmap to get there, then help them execute upon that vision and roadmap. Our Professional Services Advisory consultants will have the vision to map out a customer's entire cloud journey, but then help dive deep in with the customer on the Business Capabilities that are required as part of their journey (AWS Cloud Adoption Framework perspectives; Business, Governance, and People).
This role is aligned to an Enterprise / Business Architect or Transformation professional that helps Public Sector organizations look at the overall transformation elements required in their journey and how they engage all parts of their business as part of their journey. The Professional Services Advisory consultants will have a broad range of skills to engage with the IT and business executives for our customers and advise them on the right non-technical changes required in their journey with AWS. The Advisory consultants will also be able to have one or more deep dives in; business case development, business architecture, organizational change management, IT Governance, data center migrations or process & compliance.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of technology transformation, operations, cloud computing, IT strategy, business architecture, or organizational design
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership, facilitation and executive presentations.
• Demonstrated large scale change management experience and proven ability to think strategically about business challenges, technology change and skilled at gaining leadership alignment
• Former technology or transformation executive position (CxO, VP, Senior Director) or equivalent experience
• This position requires that the candidate must currently possess, or be able to obtain and maintain an active Secret security clearance with the Government of Canada
• University degree or equivalent experience
• Track record of conducting a cloud transformation as an AWS customer or consulting with a customer in their own AWS transformation
• Experience in a senior strategy role within a company who executed on a cloud migration or in an IT strategy & enterprise architecture consulting practice that is focused on Cloud
• Experience in creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a transformation
• Experience in technology/software sales consulting or equivalent skills
• Understanding of Federal Government of Canada security and privacy requirements and relevant legislation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top