Senior Advertising Program Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, offering a rich array of advertising solutions with the goal of helping our consumers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers with a variety of consumer touch points including Amazon.com, the Kindle tablet, our owned and operated sites, and other high quality sites across the web. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and be able to build out appropriate models to answer those questions. The right candidate will also have experience leading analytical projects that help define and guide key new initiatives, customer experience and program improvements.
As a Program Manager, you will play a leadership role in our team - the team will look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You are right, a lot. You get a lot done. You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things. You will have a department-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. This PM will be expected to develop solutions to business problems that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity. He or she will develop analyses (whether fully formed or exploratory) for the business' sake, not for analyses' sake.
As a Program Manager you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge data sets and be someone who loves to bring data sets together to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of data sets and the proven ability to translate data into meaningful insights. In this role, you will have ownership of end-to-end development of solutions to complex questions, and you'll play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, passionate about the customer and comfortable working with numerous stakeholders across the organization and worldwide in an environment that has a considerable amount of ambiguity.
A successful candidate should have deep experience in being able to think of ways to understand the business needs while creating, and defining systems and processes to support growth. He/she should be able to juggle competing projects, define the road maps to support the business functions and work with the teams to solve complex problems.
Some responsibilities of this role include:
• Develop, implement or maintain existing process and programs as needed throughout the year.
• Meet regularly with partners that include, but are not limited to, finance, product teams, sales and sales management to review the status of the business and collaborate on new methods and tools that can improve the efficiency of our organization and improve the level of service we provide our customers.
• Facilitate operational process and policy training for JP advertising teams.
• Develop relationships and processes with sales, finance, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
• Ensure that Sales Managers have visibility in all aspects of evaluating their teams' performance.
• Organize data and generate deep customer insight in order to enhance sales force productivity and effectiveness.
• Interfacing with senior business leaders, gathering requirements and defining project road maps.
• Take ownership of all data generating processes and projects related to the advertising business
• Learning and leveraging the broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and converting analysis into digestible business intelligence.
• Presenting written recommendations and insights to stakeholders that will help shape effective strategies.
• Continually improving ongoing reporting and analysis, automating or simplifying the processes
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
• Recognize and use advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems
• Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, or any related field from an accredited institution
• Fluent in Japanese and English
• Written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present findings to variety audiences, including senior leadership
• Experience dealing with results, metrics and data management and desire to create and build new processes.
• Analytical and quantitative skills (including the ability to effectively use tools such as Excel and Access) and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
• Proficiency in SQL and Microsoft Excel
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Advanced Statistical Modeling
Back to top