Senior Accounting Analyst, Retail
Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon's accounting team is searching for accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities as well as supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
Additionally, we strongly encourage rotation within the Accounting department and the company as a whole; we aim to hire people who will raise the bar, not just in their first position, but over their career at Amazon. Given the size and growth of the Accounting department and rotation to other Amazon departments, we are always looking for strong candidates to fill new positions and backfill existing ones.
This position will be responsible for proper and accurate accounting of retail business operations in the Asia Pacific ("APAC") controller organization based in Seattle. This position will partner closely with the Seattle central accounting team and APAC local team. This position is also responsible for supporting the large number of new business initiatives by actively participating in the design of processes and systems who will be responsible for managing financial transactions. In addition this position will be required to ensure that accounting issues are addressed and the treatments are consistent. Experience with documenting accounting conclusions and processes will also be a requirement for this position. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were strong performers at their level.
We are currently looking for candidates who have held similar positions in larger public companies or Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients. Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 5+ years of professional experience and demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
Amazon's accounting group offers opportunities in Legal Entity & Intercompany, Accounting Policy & Reporting, Operations and Capital, Transportation, Payments & Merchant Services, Retail Operations, Digital, and AWS Accounting.
- Degree in accounting or related field with sufficient experience to sit for the CPA exam (a CPA license is not required for this position)
- 5+ years of Big-4 public accounting and/or multi-national operational accounting experience
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Sound knowledge of IFRS
- Multiple language skills for example ability to speak Mandarin to communicate effectively with the teams in the APAC region will be a plus
- Solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
- Strong communications skills and able to work effectively with teams in APAC and Seattle
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Basic IT and system integration experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top