Senior Accounting Analyst, Payment
Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon's accounting team is searching for accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, inter-company, and transfer pricing activities as well as supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
Amazon seeks a high caliber Payment Accounting Analyst who will be responsible for payment and intercompany accounting process including month-end close, reconciliation and B/S review for Amazon's Singapore location. This position will report to Amazon's APAC Hub Payment Accounting Senior Manager and will work closely with the global payment accounting and intercompany team, retail accounting team, statutory compliance team, treasury, and others and represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders. In addition, the payment accounting and intercompany manager is a member of a project team which partners with new business launch project team and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership.
Successful candidates for this position will have a minimum of five years professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies or public accounting firm. Candidate experience should cover accounting & financial processes, accounting operation transition and project management. Demonstrated experience to keep on the standards for global consistency and accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
- Customer payment accounting and intercompany accounting operation including month-end close, reconciliation and B/S review.
- Working independently to lead the operational accounting transition with global payment accounting team and intercompany team.
- Executing all of the accounting activities and accounting controls correctly, including month-end general ledger close activities, monthly account reconciliations and reviews, and preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs.
- Identifying, articulating and communicating project and accounting operation risks to senior leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
- Have direct responsibility and ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Degree in accounting or related field with sufficient experience to sit for the CPA exam (a CPA license is not required for this position).
- 5 years of combined Big-4 public accounting, regional operational accounting experience or international operational accounting experiences.
- Minimum 3 years working in accounts receivable function. Have a good understanding of how the payment instruments such as credit cards, debit cards, points and gift cards work.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up.
- Experience leading a team in a high growth international location of a US based company.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to discover accounting requirements, translate into chart of accounts file, and develop effective test cases to ensure stakeholder requirements are met.
- Experience in transfer price agreement and its accounting is important for success in this role.
- Strong communications and influencing skills and able to work effectively with teams in Singapore, Seattle and other Asia regions.
- Process design, internal control assessment and system integration experience also necessary.
- Strong data analysis, problem-solving and project management skills.
- History of collaboration and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done (No job is too large. No job is too small).
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with IT process architecture and experience working with system development teams on a regular basis.
- Quickly adapt to new systems and function proficiently in Amazon financial systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top