Want to work for a company whose mission is to change people's lives through spoken words?
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Audible was created to unleash the emotive music in language and the power and utility of verbal expression. Audible invented and commercialized the first portable digital audio player in 1997; its consistent focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned the company many millions of habituated subscribers who spend almost two hours per day listening to Audible content. Audible is looking for an organized, energetic and enthusiastic candidate to join the fast paced world of Accounting and Finance. We'll give you the opportunity to really make a difference and have an impact our business. We're looking for exceptional people with accounting and related finance experience combined with systems knowledge, a customer service passion, analytical, auditing and problem solving skills.
The position of Senior Accountant for Original Content, in accordance with established policies and procedures, will be responsible for day-to-day general ledger and production accounting for the Audible Originals group. This includes daily transaction processing (vendor data collection, purchase orders, invoices, journal entries, etc.), P&L and Balance Sheet monthly close activities, individual title budgeting and cost reporting, and assistance in preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual plans. The position will be a key member of both the Audible Originals and Audible Finance teams.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a quick learner, and will have the ability to efficiently manage various high-priority responsibilities. Candidate must have high regard for customer satisfaction (external and internal) and demonstrate strong management & delivery skills. Candidate must possess advanced excel skills & have experience working with large data files. Database knowledge is highly desired.
As a Customer Obsessed company whose main priority is to evaluate what would work best for the customer and 'work backwards', we bring passion and dedication when working with External and Internal Partners. In this role, you will need to:
- Support the entries and maintenance of the general ledger for Audible Originals by ensuring proper, accurate, and timely recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Review and analyze transactional source documentation and prepare monthly balance sheet account analysis and reconciliations including roll-forwards.
- Support current Internal Control environment to ensure that accounting records are accurate and in compliance with GAAP. Document current processes and procedures as necessary.
- Responsible for complete Accounts Payable cycle for Audible Originals LLC and subsidiaries; including entering invoices and preparation of weekly check runs.
- Responsible for bank account reconciliations for Audible Originals LLC and subsidiaries.
- Assist with VAT compliance, including implementation of new countries and interaction with corporate.
- Responsible for accounting for Advances/Royalties for Audible Originals LLC and maintenance of associated roll forward.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and monthly reconciliation of the content ingestion asset sub-ledger including the proper recording of asset additions, cost adjustments, retirements and disposals in accordance with Company policies.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- 3-5 years of previous operational accounting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, finance or related field.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and the practical application of required standards.
- Experience in either entertainment or media; direct production accounting experience a plus
- Need strong experience with general ledger, balance sheet, journal entries, and analyzing accounts.
- Strong organizational, managerial, and communication skills, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver results.
- Technical proficiency working with accounting systems and basic financial analysis tools.
- Strong Advanced Excel skills & experience working with large data files.
- Previous new system/process implementation experience which includes identifying gaps where system enhancements can be made.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to interact with various departments across an organization.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and work ethic.
- CPA a plus
- Systems implementation experience
- NetSuite and Oracle experience a plus
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
- Daily catered lunch, Monday breakfast and juice bar, snacks and Friday happy hours
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Seasonal sports clubs - basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball and more
- Company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Meaningful community involvement opportunities including mentoring interns, literacy tutoring and Audible Scholars, along with collaboration on start-up projects incubating in Newark Venture Partners
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top