Senior Account Manager - BBA
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is committed to supporting businesses becoming successful selling partners and is seeking a dynamic and motivated Senior Account Manager for our newly created team focused on the growth and development of minority owned businesses. The Senior Account Manager will drive Selling Partner growth and satisfaction by delivering strategic insights and relentlessly high operational standards. In this role, you will be a consultant building and executing strategic joint business plans with your Selling Partners and collaborating with them to explore innovative ways to identify and execute new selection, merchandising, and operational improvement opportunities.
The ideal candidate should be entrepreneurial and operate with a high level of ownership and demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity. They are agile, inventive, and show deep consideration toward learning about their Selling Partner's unique experience and become a vocal advocate for their Selling Partners when dealing with cross-functional teams. The candidate must quickly develop strategic relationships to drive impactful recommendations across a wide and diverse cohort of Selling Partners and leverage those relationships to find out gaps in our product offering and take ownership to quickly address shortcomings.
In addition, candidates for this role should possess strong client management skills and be able to manage multiple workflows in a fast-paced work environment and participate in continuous improvement initiatives across the SPPS organization. If you are interested in growing Amazon brands, then we're interested in you!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Account Managers are responsible for driving Selling Partner business growth and delivering a positive experience in our programs. The key responsibilities of an SPPS Account Manager are as follows:
Selling Partner Support and Business Growth:
• Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business inputs that drive growth and improve end customer experience, in collaboration with other Amazon programs and teams.
• Demonstrate excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using centralized resources, policies and procedures.
• Play an "advisor" role with oversight of key activities that are underway for a Selling Partner, following up and escalating as appropriate to get these resolved in a timely manner.
• Deliver timely, accurate and professional operational support to all Selling Partners within a specified SLA.
Selling Partner Relationship Management:
• Build strong relationships with your Selling Partners; be a trusted advisor and the single POC for their issues, questions, requests, escalations, and concerns.
• Teach Selling Partners how to be more successful on Amazon through education on available tools, policies, and relevant growth opportunities leveraging related Amazon programs and products.
• Liaise with other internal departments as necessary to resolve Selling Partner issues and questions quickly and with high quality.
Program Process Excellence:
• Partner with internal teams to surface defects, data and anecdotes to drive improvements on behalf of their Selling Partners.
• Identify and scale improvements that can benefit multiple Selling Partners, e.g. driving efficiencies through tools and processes, simplifying SOPs, etc., working with the relevant internal teams as appropriate.
Job Locations - Seattle, Detroit, New York City or Phoenix
• Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years' experience in account management, vendor management, sales, marketing, or buying.
• Strong organizational and workload management skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses.
• Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Excel, Tableau, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint.
• eCommerce, retail technology, or software industries experience.
• Experience working with or as a 3P Seller.
• Experience working with minority owned businesses.
• Experience working with government organizations focused on Small Businesses and Minority Owned Businesses.
• Proven entrepreneurial track record of taking ownership and delivering results.
• Demonstrated ability in learning tools and processes, effectively utilizing them for service delivery, and teaching internal or partner teams how to utilize.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top