Senior Account Manager
- Seattle, WA
Sr. Account Manager - North America
Amazon's third-party marketplace business is outpacing the growth of the Retail business and now represents over 40% of all units sold. The Strategic Account Management (SAM) team is responsible for accelerating sales growth, expanding selection on the platform and improving retention amongst the existing Seller base, particularly among the largest Sellers in the US Marketplace. This team creates innovative ways to identify new selection, merchandising, and operational improvement opportunities through partnership with internal stakeholders such as Fulfillment by Amazon, Amazon Selling Coach, Sponsored Products, etc. and improving our overall knowledge of how to succeed as a Seller on Amazon Marketplaces.
We are looking for a Senior Account Manager to help shape the future of Strategic Account Management program. The role is focused on driving success for some of the most influential Sellers in the US Marketplace and leveraging key learning/feedback to improve the Amazon platform that will benefit all Sellers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Voice of the Customer
- Owns all facets of the account management process for medium to large accounts and develops strategic relationships.
- Understands important business drivers for customers.
- Utilizes internal resources to help customers succeed.
- Analyzes key metrics for the customer.
- Thinks beyond individual campaigns and applies knowledge to future plans.
- Advocates fiercely for customers internally.
- Responds promptly and accurately to questions from both customers and internal business partners, including high level leadership teams.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting Seller business performance and provide the Voice of the Seller as an input into product development and process improvement.
- Analyze territory trends, diagnose root cause of performance and create actionable plans for operational improvements.
- Define the territory, opportunities and goals (Input/Output) within the portfolio of accounts.
- Identify key business opportunities for the territory and manage toward a growth plan.
- Implement account management best practices and SOPs into the business development framework.
Develop and Grow Existing Business
- Dives deep on customer-level issues and delivers recommendations.
- Identifies and develops new seller recommendations
- Builds seller-level account plans
- Documents a seller-specific view of the competitive landscape.
-Audits Account Performance
- Manages more complex transactions, either directly or through escalation.
- Builds reports for external and internal partners.
- Utilizes tools and helps ensure tools evolve with business needs.
- Contributes to product enhancements.
- Uses data and analytics to make day-to-day business decisions and achieve results.
- Understands terms of contracts or agreements and uses that information to influence business decisions.
- Drives small to medium size projects or contribute to a larger initiative.
- May address unconventional problems, questions, or situations, taking into consideration established criteria to determine solution.
- Exhibits expertise in using, managing, and optimizing one or more designated products.
- Identifies and drives resolution of product bugs and high-severity events, working across multiple teams and products.
- Defines product value propositions, advantages, and limitations.
- Understands the ecosystem of related Amazon products available to the same customer base and is able to provide recommendations to customers on how they might leverage two or more products.
- Identifies, quantifies, and defines feature enhancements and new products to improve Amazon product based on customer feedback, data analysis, and feature gaps with competitive products.
- Identifies, qualifies product priority based on customer feedback.
- Become a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of large Sellers in an ever-changing business environment.
- Partner with external teams including Category Management (CMMs), Merchant Technology, and Global Account Management teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth in existing seller base.
- Understands and communicates vision for team members.
- Drive content for internal business communications via weekly email flash highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of Sellers.
- Coordinate with external teams to organize the annual Strategic Seller Conference and ensure involvement of stakeholders to deliver rich content to educate Sellers and capture feedback to influence platform improvements.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• 5+ years professional experience with a focus in relationship management and negotiation skills
• Experience using analysis, reporting, modeling, and forecasting to gather data for the purpose of making business decisions
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Sellers and stakeholder teams; written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Proven strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• An ability to work an lively environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm
• Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, SalesForce, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint
• SQL skills
• Success managing dynamic account portfolios
• Program management experience
• Problem-solving passion and service orientation
• Effective C-level communication skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top