Senior Account Executive, DPIE/Treasury
- Hyderabad, India
Would you like to work for Amazon Web Services (AWS); assisting one of Australia's most successful Public Sector technology partners to increase their market share and cloud computing adoption?
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of AWS by engaging with public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an Account Executive within AWS' Public Sector team, you'll shape and deliver on a strategy with one of our most successful and interesting customers as they grow both their business and their adoption of AWS Services. Your responsibilities will include developing a deep understanding of the customer's unique business model and how AWS can help them to serve their customers.
The ideal candidate will bring both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO level within the partner, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Engage with all levels of the partner's organisation - from the CEO to Individual Contributors
• Help define the AWS public sector market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
• Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
• Work with the AWS Partner Business Manager assigned to this account to identify and execute opportunities to increase topline growth and bottom line profitability of the partner
• Understand the technical requirements of the partner and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for them.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal and finance groups within both the customer and AWS.
• Excellent communication and writing skill with the ability to be both technical and analytical. Possess 10+ years of business development or account management experience preferably with experience selling to public sector market segments.
• Must have a good understanding of government procurement and education contract vehicles.
• Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied data storage services.
• A demonstrable capability in understanding the financial and operational aspects of a 'for-profit' organisation is essential.
• An understanding of the Public Sector, either directly or through a partner who's predominant customers are Public Sector customers.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies.
Back to top