Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us launch them.
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. And we're just getting started.
The Pyxis team is seeking a Security Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in the federal accreditation process, as well as experience in all aspects of the NIST RMF lifecycle. Additionally, the candidate is an exceptionally strong communicator both written and verbally. The ideal candidate will be familiar with one or more AWS products, and will have successfully managed the security accreditation for multiple, enterprise-scale technology projects. Additionally the candidate will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle.
Successful candidates will have a strong program management and system design background. As well as be detail oriented, self-driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities. Additionally, the candidate is obsessed with giving our customers a better experience by providing them a more secure product. Having a clear understanding that security is the key feature for our government clients.
In this role, you will:
• Work with software developers, software engineers, system developers and technical product managers to coordinate the accreditation and launch of Developer Management tools into special regions.
• Handle technical questions from a non-technical audience, and conversely, explain security requirements writing in non-technical language to a technical audience. This is key when handling 1) auditors assessing our systems and 2) explaining the Sponsor's concerns to our service teams.
• Identify process improvement opportunities and high-risk areas.
• Produce and evaluate launch, resource, and compliance metrics.
• Work with service owners to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges.
• Manage the build and deployment of new tooling to streamline and automate security, testing, and region launch related initiatives.
• Support process improvement projects in coordination with service teams.
• Assist in quality assurance testing and documentation review of AWS developer management tools
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 5+ years of Security Program Management experience in a related industry
• Experience in all aspects of the NIST RMF lifecycle
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object oriented development, build processes, change control management and release models.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, and comfortable presenting in large groups and handling high-pressure communication with senior management
• Experience with managing large cross-functional projects
• A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Able to collect, analyze and present data sets support project goals and initiatives
• CAP or CISSP Certification
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals.
• Hands-on experience with agile methodologies and proven leadership skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.