Security Systems Engineer
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Center Security group is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Systems Engineer to join our team. The team is responsible for the design, installation and integration of security systems equipment including, but not limited to, Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
You will also be responsible for the continuous review of existing standards and to stay abreast of developments in new technology that will enhance the physical security of AWS data centers and co-locations. You will work directly with the Data Center Physical Security Manager, Regional Security Managers, Security Site Leads, the Infrastructure Operations and Construction teams, and other customers, both internal and external, to integrate the business' requirements into physical security systems design and implementation. Your work will include supporting the construction and deployment of physical security packages for all AWS data centers and co-locations in the U.S.-West region. You will also work closely with contractors and vendors to ensure compliance with all security standards during the construction, testing and acceptance phases of the projects.
The ideal candidate for the role will have demonstrated the ability to work in all disciplines, at all levels; from technology research to system design and layout, oversight of construction and implementation, as well as maintenance and upgrades over the life of the system. You will have an in-depth knowledge of security technology, be innovative, highly organized, and will have demonstrated the ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
- 5+ years of experience working with design, installation, and integration of Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
- Ability to manage multiple medium and large scale projects that are complex in nature.
- Ability to interpret program objectives, develop project schedules and manage adherence to established timetables.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals regarding physical security standards and system designs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Have a proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- PSP Certified
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Training in / experience using Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Familiarity with various Access/Intrusion Control Systems
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k) or equivalent benefits, restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top