Security Solutions Architect - AWS Global Verticals
- Miami, FL
Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to expand its global presence in multiple verticals with large international customers, in complex business and regulatory environments. Do you have an extensive background in delivering strategic outcomes for security, resilience and compliance with a passion for working with customers to solve complex security and regulatory aspects of the cloud and help them safely transition their data centers to the AWS platform?
Increasingly, global companies are using AWS to move their core business applications to the cloud. AWS is looking for passionate and experienced security professionals to work with these customers to help guide their vision, address risks and implement their security, resilience and compliance strategies on the AWS platform. This role will provide thought leadership and operate with a high degree of autonomy and visibility as part of our global accounts team.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced and innovative cyber and security professional with exceptional stakeholder management skills and who has the ability to advise and deliver strategic outcomes across a wide range of industry sectors and challenging environments. They are willing to challenge, dive in to the details, and show how AWS can support complex security, resilience and compliance strategies, to CEO and Board level. This particular role will also directly interface with our AWS partners and bring them into customers to successfully move their business applications to the AWS cloud.
This key position requires broad experience supporting Hi-Tech, Auto, and manufacturing industries and will have high visibility at the most senior levels of customer organizations, including frequent interaction with CIOs CISOs, CTOs, their staffs, and AWS senior leadership. The position, as part of the AWS Global Accounts team, will act as the primary security interface with AWS customers and will work closely with AWS Sales and Solutions Architect teams, and the AWS business development and capture team. The candidate will already have and continue to foster key relationships, be able to interpret the impacts of industry and regulatory changes, and track and report on industry trends.
- Lead the conversation on security, risk and compliance with large AWS customers
- Manage disparate senior stakeholders within customer environments to deliver consensus and drive outcomes on the AWS platform
- Help customers understand how they can integrate AWS security controls into their own control frameworks and recommending approaches to implement their controls on AWS.
- Partner directly with AWS customers to help them understand the implementation of AWS security requirements and how they can achieve ongoing assurance over their security, resilience and compliance needs
- Direct AWS Solutions Architects, Sales and Partner teams across multiple engagements within each customer to drive targeted outcomes and consistent advice and outcomes
- Work with customers to resolve complex security concerns and problems and achieve security, resilience and compliance outcomes are on the AWS platform through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations/recommendations, and hands on demonstrations in the AWS environment
- Develop industry leading security related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
- Build great relationships and confidence to help customers understand how to react and respond to security incidents
- Assist the AWS compliance team in determining the strategic direction of the various AWS compliance programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics.
- Be and remain connected with industry trends and events primarily in EMEA/USA, but also throughout the world as it relates to industry regulations and requirements.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with key industry personnel and policy makers.
- Keep the AWS Global Accounts leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
• Experience collaborating with the sales team to drive customer satisfaction, exceed customer expectations, create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS and exceed revenue goals
• 4+ year's design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications
• 3+ years' experience working with multi-national customers in support of technology sales
• Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
• Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Technical degree required
• Minimum 5 years experience of developing and implementing security strategy and technology in large, complex enterprises in multiple industry verticals, across a wide range of technology platforms
• Experience in developing and delivering cyber security and technology strategy across many different industry sectors
• Experience working internationally and being able to confidently traverse different corporate cultures
• Deep understanding of cloud computing
• Demonstration of innovative security, resilience and compliance approaches to solve complex security, resilience and compliance challenges
• Experience and proficiency in public speaking and can hold own in senior-level presentations and discussions
• Experience defining security, resilience and compliance strategies, and ensuring that committed outcomes are delivered on schedule
Preferred Locations are: MSP, ORD, PHX
Back to top