Security Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is job zero. Our team is responsible for inventing new security services that enable and automate security solutions at AWS' massive scale. We are looking for a Software Development Manager to help innovate and build new services from the ground up that will make security and innovation simultaneous for AWS product teams. Our team offers the opportunity for engineers to help define, design, build, and operate new services from end to end. You will work on a small and dynamic team, collaborate with leading industry experts and gain experience building security services. Come build with us!
Our team is looking for highly skilled people, who ask lots of questions, and challenge the status quo. We are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers, who iterate quickly, and constantly raise the bar. If you like solving hard problems and doing work with a clear impact for our customers, you'll enjoy being a part of the team.
Specifically, we are building internal systems that process large data sets that describe the dynamic internal systems, convert that data to actionable information, and automatically apply security controls.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• 5+ years of experience implementing software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 1+ years experience mentoring other software developers to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets
• 1+ years of experience driving consensus within a team and influence outcomes in significant technical decision-making
• 5+ years of experience managing developers
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional cloud projects.
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
• Experience establishing and evolving engineering development processes
• Experience in working with security and confidential data
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top