Security Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is job zero. Our team is responsible for inventing new security services that enable and automate security solutions at AWS' massive scale. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help innovate and build new services from the ground up that will make security and innovation simultaneous for AWS product teams. Our team offers the opportunity for engineers to help define, design, build, and operate new services from end to end. You will work on a small and dynamic team, collaborate with leading industry experts and gain experience building security services . Come build with us!
Our team is looking for highly skilled software engineers, who ask lots of questions, and challenge the status quo. We are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers, who iterate quickly, and constantly raise the bar. If you like solving hard problems and doing work with a clear impact for our customers, you'll enjoy being a part of the team.
Specifically, we are building internal systems that process large data sets that describe the dynamic internal systems, convert that data to actionable information, and automatically apply security controls.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of five years software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
• Minimum of five years experience developing systems that run on Linux
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems.
• Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
For more information please contact Pedro Garcia at email@example.com
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top