Security Program Manager, APJC Data Center
- Taipei, Taiwan
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure Operations Security is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Project Manager to join our APJC team based from Taipei, Taiwan. The role is responsible for the design and installation of physical security systems including Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
You will also be responsible for the continuous review of existing standards and to stay abreast of developments in new technology that will enhance the physical security of AWS data centers and co-locations. You will work directly with the Cluster Security Manager (CSM), the Infrastructure Operations and Construction teams, and other customers, both internal and external, to integrate the business' requirements into physical security systems design and implementation. Your work will include supporting the construction and deployment of physical security packages for remote AWS data centers and co-locations across the APJC region. You will also work closely with contractors and vendors to ensure compliance with all security standards during the construction, testing and acceptance phases of the projects.
The ideal candidate for the role will have demonstrated the ability to work in all disciplines, at all levels; from technology research to system design and layout, oversight of construction and implementation, as well as maintenance and upgrades over the life of the system. You will have an in-depth knowledge of security technology, be innovative, highly organized, and will have demonstrated the ability to deliver results on time and within budget. The role will involve domestic and international travel and the ability to work autonomously is essential. The successful candidate will be able to travel through the APJC region up to 50% of the time.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for remote non-traditional data center environments builds.
• Installation of approved physical security system hardware, which includes access control devices, intrusion detection devices, and other components of data center physical security systems.
• Design of a physical security system for data center expansion projects, subject to CSM's approval for implementation.
• Preparation of security design documentation and bills of material for expansion projects for the purposes of pricing by approved vendors.
• Review and quality assurance of vendor quotes along with the CSM.
• Submission of complete and accurate vendor quote packages to the Infrastructure Technical Project Manager for inclusion in expansion project requisitions.
• Project management of security system installation vendors in support of data center expansion projects.
• Representative for physical security system acceptance, sign-off, and operational readiness validation in conjunction with the CSM.
• Indexing and archiving of project close-out documentation.
• Reporting performance metrics such as physical security system installation vendor service delivery performance and device performance as required.
• Up to 50% time of domestic and international travel across APJC regions might be required once COVID-19 situation stabilizes.
• Must have the ability to read, write and communicate fluently and effectively in English, with both technical and non-technical individuals regarding physical security standards and designs.
• 3+ years of experience working in Project Management related to construction or physical security.
• Ability to manage programs/projects of medium to large scale that are complex in nature.
• Ability to interpret program objectives and the compilation of and adherence to project timetables.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Have a track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• BA/BS degree or higher in related field of architecture, engineering, or project management.
• Fluency/competency in more than one language.
• Certification with Lenel Access Control Systems.
• PSP, CPP, PMP Certification.
• Training in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED).
• Subject Matter Expertise with Access Control, Intrusion Detection, and Video Surveillance Systems.
• Data Center Experience.
• Proficient in AutoCAD.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team. #AWSGCR
Back to top