Amazon Payments processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars through our systems annually. We are re-inventing our platform's vision to provide our internal clients such as Digital, Retail, AWS, B2B, and others, the best payment gateway service, benchmarked against the top external alternatives.
Paramount to our success is ensuring that customer data is secure. As a Security Engineer Manager, you will build and grow a team that can solve some of the most challenging and exciting problems to effectively respond to large-scale threats against Amazon Payments services. You will lead and grow a team focusing on researching external threat actors, their tactics, techniques, and procedures and translate intelligence into a game plan to improve our ability to protect, detect and recover from attacks.
As a security intelligence manager, you will:
• Grow a team that evangelizes our core security tenets" "Security is never 100% done", "We assume breach," "We are never passive," "We are never surprised."
• Demonstrate leadership in multiple security domains and sought out advice on technical issues. Efficient time management skills are required and the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty. A manager in this role must show exemplary judgment when making technical trade-offs between short versus long term security and business goals. They must demonstrate resilience and navigate situations with confidence and tact.
• Able to think like both an attacker and defender, and drive organizations to take actions and mitigate risk.
• Implement success metrics, reports, and processes to measure organization effectiveness
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Effectively collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc.).
• 3+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high-performance teams
• 5+ years of progressive experience within a software security team or similar operating environment with an in-depth understanding of security assessment methodologies, incident response, and threat intelligence
• BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Hands-on knowledge of information security technologies such as incident response, threat hunting, offensive security (red-teaming), security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, and penetration testing
• Experience in driving large, cross-organization initiatives
• Firsthand experience with AWS services and cloud security principles
• Experience with finance technology, payment methods, or payment processing
• Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid analysis paralysis)
• Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities
• Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
• MA/MS in computer science/related field