Security Incident Response Engineer, AWS
- Manchester, United Kingdom
The Amazon Web Services team is looking for a focused Senior Security Incident Response Engineer who can take on a leadership role in responding to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world. You must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and drive engineering teams to take the right actions in the right time frames to mitigate risks.
We are looking for someone who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. You must have the passion for engineering solutions to complex security challenges, and recognize and fill gaps in capabilities. The ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools that enable scaled programmatic automation is core to our organization.
You should have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of operating system security, network security, cryptography, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 3+ years' equivalent technology experience.
• 5+ years or more of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
• 3+ years of experience on a Security Operations team, coordinating responses to security incidents.
• 2+ years of experience Scripting/coding experience with one or more languages.
For more information please contact Ben Sanes at Bssanes@amazon.com
• An ideal candidate should be able to accomplish most of the following:
• Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and programmatically prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
• Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
• Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
• Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organization.
• Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
• Recognize, adopt and instill the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence.
• Have a passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
• Help identify, take ownership of, and drive improvements across the team.
• Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities.
• 7+ years' equivalent information security experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape.
• Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services.
• Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc.
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
• Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment.
• Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
• Programming experience in Python, Ruby, Java, or Go.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top