Security Engineering Manager
- Seattle, WA
Security is the epitome of customer obsession! Are you passionate about managing teams that build, own, and operate massively scalable systems? Do you have experience in building new teams and managing existing teams? AWS World Wide Revenue Ops (WWRO) is building a security team to focus on the fastest growing part of our business. In this position, you will manage a team of security analysts and engineers to build scalable mechanisms, tools, and products that enable sales & marketing teams to be more secure. The opportunities are huge, and the impact is massive. If you consider yourself a tech savvy, hands on manager, this opportunity is tailored for you.
We are looking for a Security Engineering Manager who is passionate about security and progressing the vision of WWRO. You will be responsible for working with the partner teams, product team, and security teams to understand the requirements and business cases, and then distill them into a larger engineering vision that will be the foundation of the org moving forward. You will lead the team in designing and building these systems. You will help establish technical standards and drive the overall technical architecture and engineering practices. You will think globally when designing and building solutions, ensuring the team is moving in the right long term direction while bringing value to customers iteratively.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, have strong attention to detail, and will model Amazon Leadership Principles. A familiarity with Amazon web service technologies including EC2, S3, SQS, Elastic Map Reduce, Hadoop, RDS as well as no-SQL solutions which form the foundation of these systems is an asset.
High level responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Management and mentorship of engineering personnel
• Develop the long-term strategy for your team and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years of experience in people management
• A well-rounded security background with experience in multiple security domains
• A passion for employee development, performance management, and delivering results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience managing information security professionals
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proven experience establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence.
• Experience building strategy and executing it with speed and continuous improvement.
• Experience with AWS services and technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top